PAN Card

A You need a Permanent Account Number(PAN) to file your taxes with the income tax department. This card can be issued once you are eighteen. If you are citizen of India, you can apply for a PAN Card, with the Income Tax Department by filling in Form 49A. If you are not a citizen of india then you have to apply for a PAN Card by filling in Form 49AA. You need to submit the completed application form at your nearest application form has to be submitted at your nearest IT PAN Service Centre orTIN IT PAN Service Centre or TIN Facilitation Centre and pay the requisite fee.

Your PAN card is also used when you purchase luxury goods above the price of 2 lakh rupees.