Domestic Violence Protection Orders

In cases of family or domestic violence, the court can issue orders that may restrict

contact between people or impose conditions on their behaviour.

You may approach the Magistrate’s Court in the area where you are living with the details of your complaints for necessary orders. The Area Magistrate can also direct the local Police to provide you with protection and help.

In an emergency situation, please call the police on 100.You can also call the Woman’s helpline on 1090/1091 or the NCW helpline on 0111-23219750

Depending on your state or Union Territory more helplines are available.